• Edge Profile: Rounded Edge
• Face Profile: Curved
• Handle: Oval
• Snake Grip – The Kookaburra Scale Grip is a cricket bat grip with multidirectional snake scales generating a secure and solid feel with the familiar Kookaburra ring
• ‘Kookaburra Pre- Prepared’ (KPP)
• ‘Air Dried’
• Premium Grade 4 Quality Unbleached English Willow
• SH only
• Maximum weight 2lb 8oz – uses a slightly shorter blade and longer handle
• Sizes: Senior SH
Willow Grade: Kookaburra bats vary greatly in price and it’s obvious that more expensive bats will perform better than a cheaper one. Kookaburra evaluate each bat throughout the manufacturing process on the basis of how it plays or “pings” so you know what to expect from the particular grade you choose.
Most bats will have a combination of white and red wood. White wood is the more attractive part of the cleft of wood and is more responsive than the red wood. The red wood though is more durable than the white part.
Grade Four: Usually over half the blade will have red wood but the playability will be good. There are often only 4 grains and will have butterfly marks and specks on the bat.