• Sweet Spot: Mid approx. 210mm to 230mm from toe
• Edge Thickness: Big Edge Square
• Edge Profile: Square
• Face Profile: Flat ‘Power Plus’ Face
• Spine Height: Approx. 64mm to 68mm
• Scallop: Approx. 1mm to 2mm
• Bow: Approx. 12mm to 14mm
• Handle: Oval Powerdrive
• ‘Vee’ Grip
• ‘Kookaburra Pre Prepared’ (KPP)
• ‘Air Dried’
• Premium Quality Grade 3 Unbleached English Willow
Willow Grade: Kookaburra bats vary greatly in price and it’s obvious that more expensive bats will perform better than a cheaper one. Kookaburra evaluate each bat throughout the manufacturing process on the basis of how it plays or “pings” so you know what to expect from the particular grade you choose.
Most bats will have a combination of white and red wood. White wood is the more attractive part of the cleft of wood and is more responsive than the red wood. The red wood though is more durable than the white part.
Grade Three: The most extensively used grade – and certainly the most popular at Romida as it offers outstanding value for money. A grade 3 blade may have up to half the face with a tint or red wood colour but this won’t affect the playability. This grade will have about five grains on the face which might not be straight and there is likely to be some specks or butterfly marks on the face.
Size: Senior SH, Junior 5